Teamsters Local 320 is a diverse union of Minnesota public sector workers from state assistant public defenders to police officers. Faculty members at the Minnesota State system, University of Minnesota service workers, school district employees, state court reporters, district court clerks, and public defense employees are among Teamsters Local 320’s largest groups followed by county and municipal workers.
Due to our diverse membership, Teamsters Local 320 has a substantial legislative agenda for the 2019 state legislative session. It includes full funding for state agencies at the requested amount provided by the agency for inflation. It also includes expanding the rights of state and local correctional officers.
Teamsters Local 320 Legislative Priorities
(In no specific order)
- Minnesota State’s request of $246 million additional state investment for direct campus support.
- An increase in the employer contribution rate for faculty employees in the Individual Retirement Account Plan (IRAP) that matches the employer contribution for faculty in the TRA plan.
- Full funding of Minnesota State’s HEAPR request.
- Support $37 million for NextGen student records system update.
- University of Minnesota’s request of $87 million additional state investment for operations.
- Support Regent Candidates who are committed to working with stakeholder groups including the labor unions representing University of Minnesota employees.
- Board of Public Defense request of $29.5 million additional state investment for retaining experienced employees.
- Oppose statutory limitations on any additional funds provided to the Board of Public Defense.
- Support State Court Administration request for an additional $44.7 million in state investment.
- Correctional Officers Bill of Rights Augmentation.
- Provide additional rights to state and local correctional officers during disciplinary proceedings.
- Support an increase in the E-12 Per Pupil Funding Formula by a 3 percent in each of the next two years, plus indexing formula to inflation.
- Support an increase in funding for special education.
- Support increases in County Program Aid (CPA) and Local Government Aid (LGA) funding formulas, plus indexing formulas to inflation.
- Support restoring CPA and LGA funding to 2002 levels.
- Teamsters Local 320 supports expanding Paid Family & Medical Leave and Earned Sick & Safe Time for all Minnesotans.
- Support expanding health care options for all Minnesotans.